Every morning I wince through my shot of Apple Cider Vinegar, this morning inspired by here and here I thought I would try something different. I add cinnamon to almost everything and the raw honey goes in the smoothie (or if I am feeling a bit run down or the kids have a sore throat it goes straight in the mouth!) so the combination is a winner for me! Further diluted this is great for kids (over 1 as it contains raw honey). Apple Cider Vinegar is also super simple to make at home- here is my recipe Apple peels and Water!
1 tall glass of filtered water
2 tsp Raw Honey
1-2 tablespoons of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (it should still contain ‘the mother’)
I whizz it up in the blender as the raw honey and cinnamon don’t dissolve too well otherwise. I add a couple of little star ice cubes cause that makes me feel like its a little bit of magic!
Why do I have a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning (source)
- Has anti-tumor potential
- Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
- Strengthen the immune system
- Increase stamina
- Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
- Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
- Balance high cholesterol
- Improve skin conditions such as acne
- Protect against food poisoning
- Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
- Improve digestion and improve constipation
- Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
- Fight allergies in both humans and animals
Apple cider vinegar contains potassium and enzymes that may produce an alkalizing effect within the body, stimulates digestion and that may relieve fatigue (something I need in the morning as I am still feeding my son!). Much better than coffee (which I dont like the taste of anyway!)
Here it is again with a whole tray of ice cubes blended it- most cooling drink ever!