Raw Hazelnut and Cashew Milk
I love raw Almond milk (fermented and unfermented!) and have it in my chia porridge or smoothies every morning- I also love hazelnuts and cashews. On their own both of these nuts make a lovely milk but the combination is really delicious.
I make it exactly the same way I make my Almond milk- but to save you going to another post- here are the ingredients and directions again.
- 1/2 Cup of Hazelnuts soaked overnight
- 1/2 Cup Cashew nuts soaked overnight (soak in separate containers)
- 1-3 dates (optional
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 3 Cups of filtered water
- 1tbs coconut oil (optional)
- After the nuts have been soaked, drain the water and add them to your high speed blender (I have also done this in a normal food processor)
- Add all the other ingredients- except the coconut oil
- Blitz in the blender
- Strain through a nut/soup bag. Failing that a muslin or cotton cloth work well too
- Add back to the blender and add the coconut oil and blitx until mixed and frothy.
- Soaking the nuts not only makes the nuts more digestible but also makes the milk a lot more flavourful. With a little Raw cacao this also makes an amazing chocolate milk!