PMS is something a lot of us suffer from and there are so many reasons why. It doesnt have to be this way- it is actually not normal. This is a great book and well written. Best of all for a Limited Time only you can save 20%!
This is straight from the Author’s site about what the book contains! (She wrote it so she can surmise it better than me!)
Estrogen Dominance: Perhaps you’ve heard of estrogen dominance before and perhaps you have not. Interestingly, this common hormonal issue underlies your PMS symptoms like cramps, bloating, acne, weight gain and moodiness. Learn the what, why and how of estrogen dominance.
- Macronutrients 101: Fats, carbs and proteins… these three simple foundations of life cause so much confusion and angst! Quit PMSdemystifies macronutrients and explains how you should utilize them to bring hormonal balance.
- Dietary Principles for Happy Hormones: These seven dietary principles will drastically change your hormones – and your life – for good. Some of the topics we cover in detail include food sensitivities, fiber, hydration, and digestion.
- Good Period Foods (Foods to Emphasize): Food is medicine, and certain foods boast a bigger bang for their buck when it comes to hormone balancing. Get the scoop on the healing ingredients and learn how to incorporate them into your daily diet.
- Bad Period Foods (Foods to Minimize): Want sucky, miserable periods? Then chow down on these foods. Quit PMS isn’t about a super strict and restrictive diet, but it does encourage you to minimize foods that work at a cellular level to make a hot mess of hormones.
- Detox and Elimination: Detox and elimination are key to healthy hormones, so that’s why there is a whole chapter dedicated to safe, gentle and effective (albeit unusual) steps for healthy detox.
- Stress and Stress Reduction: Stress isn’t just the tension you feel while sitting in a traffic jam. We’ll address both physical stressors (like exercise) and emotional stress in this chapter, as well as proven techniques to reduce stress and heal hormones.
- Supplements: Popping a pill won’t magically correct your hormones, but these specific herbs and supplements can be a powerful tool in hormone balancing when used in conjunction with the lifestyle and dietary changes outline in Quit PMS.
- The Pill and Hormone Therapy: Do you have questions about bioidentical hormone therapy, progesterone creams and oral contraceptives? Find your answers in this chapter.
- Skin Solutions: This chapter is dedicated to a natural, homemade skincare regimen that offers acne-busting, glowing results. Forget what you knew about cleansing, toning, moisturizing and exfoliating and read this chapter.
Better Period Products: Learn why tampons aren’t the best option and get the low-down on healthier, safer methods for catching the flow. Plus get all-natural alternatives for cramp pain relief!
And, because food is medicine, Quit PMS includes 35 tantilizing, hormone-balancing recipes! Enjoy nourishing savory dishes like Chicken Liver and Onion Paté, Buttery Herb Biscuits, and Curry Sweet potato Mash. Satisfy your sweet tooth with treats like Salted Cinnamon Ice Cream, Rooibos Latte and Vanilla Coconut Cream. Hormone healing has never tasted this good.
Let me know what you think!