I make a batch a muffins a week to try and help fll up my kids. It is important to me that they contain lots of nutrition. I like to make things gluten and dairy free and I go through a lot of eggs so don’t always always have enough. This recipe is very easy to whip up as we always have all the ingredients!
- 3 banana's
- 2 tbs Kefir (any kind will do- I used Oat Milk Kefir)
- 1/2 Cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 expresso cup of coffee (decaf optional)
- Vanilla essence
- Hazelnut essence
- 1tbs Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao
- 1tps Baking powder (Aluminium Free)
- 1tsp fizzy water (Optional)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a mixer or beat with a wooden spoon the banana's and coconut sugar. Add the other liquid ingredients (except fizzy water) and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the splash of fizzy water mix again.
- Add to mini muffin pans and bake for 15-20 mins until firm. Allow to cool.
These are my favourite stock cupboard ingredients; (click on the links to find my favourites)
Vanilla essence (I use the same brand for Hazelnut essence)
Baking Powder (Aluminium free)