Fats are so essential to health. They help us to balance hormones, provide energy, improve brain function and for growth and repair. These snacks not only taste amazing but the combination of butter and coconut oil give us such a rich mixture of all the fatty acids we need daily.
- 1/2 cup Raw/cultured Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil
- 1tbs raw honey or maple syrup (can also use coconut nectar)
- 1/2 vanilla pod or Vanilla essence
- Melt butter and coconut oil. I like to use a dehydrator to preserve the raw butter. On a hob at a low heat will work well too.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend for the oil and maple syrup to emulsify- otherwise it will separate as it cools.
- Pour into molds and store in the fridge or freezer
- You can use all sorts of flavours for this too- coffee, raspberry, orange rind, chocolate. Play with the recipe and create your own