I absolutely love lemon curd (here is my version). I whipped up a batch as it is packed with healthy fats (butter and eggs) and I don’t worry so much when I use coconut sugar to flavour it- we like it tart anyway. It is a great way to really treat the kids.
We also love making these coconut cookies– so when my daughter asked me to make them again I thought of combining the two. The result is really delicious! Lemon and ginger of course being a match in heaven- and great for the immune system as the change of season is upon us.
- Heat the oven to 200 c
- Add all of the ingredients (except the lemon curd) to a mixer
- Use the k beater to beat the ingredients together to form a soft dough
- Ball up the dough and place on baking sheets that have been greased or have baking paper
- Get your trusty assistant (or yourself!)to push their thumb in the middle to create the cookie with a space for the lemon curd when they are cooked.
- Cook for 8-10 mins or until turning brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray otherwise they will crumble apart
- When they are completely cool- add a dollop of Lemon Curd just before serving.
- Be careful they burn quickly- I keep going in 30 second bursts on the timer
- I keep mine in the fridge without the Lemon Curd otherwise they go soggy.
Here are some other thumbprint cookie recipes;