I normally have two fried eggs for breakfast, sometimes with Kimchi and bacon and sometimes with my Nacho not Cheese Kale chips. Sometimes I get bored of eggs, rare, but it does happen. I try to stay away from dairy (except ghee) and grains, especially when I am eating whole 30, which I tend to do every couple of months to help me to reset and to feel better. This coconut yogurt breakfast bowl is my other favourite breakfast. Coconut’s are amazing and are packed full of nutrients especially healthy fats. See my fact sheet on coconuts here.
When I am whole 30 I stay away from sugar hence the choco-coco snackaroons however I also use my Choco-orange grain free granola and my salty cinnamon maple raw-olna. Sound good, oh it is I promise. The Choco- Coco snackaroons are super simple to make and I always have a batch made as they are idea kids snacks for after school.
If you want to make your coconut yoghurt (which believe me you should try) here is my recipe, if you do not have coconuts to hand (most of the world does not I understand!) then try the method with coconut milk (see my homemade version here or use canned).
- 4 tbsp Coconut Yoghurt (homemade or if store bought ensure no sugar or cornflour has been added.)
- 1 tbsp Collagen (optional)
- 6 Raspberries (ideally organic)
- 10 Blueberries (ideally organic)
- 3-4 Choco-coco Snackaroons (Dates, coconut, raw cacao, salt and vanilla- see adapted link)
- Add coconut yoghurt and collagen to the bowl and mix well
- Add your berries and break up snackaroons to add on top.