Fermented Turmeric and Ginger Root with Coconut Water Kefir
When you flavour your water Kefir I hop you keep your fruit etc you flavour it with. One of my favourite flavours (find it here) is Ginger, Lemon and Honey and I have been adding raw turmeric root to the mix. So when my recent batch was finished I seized the opportunity to get every bit of goodness from these guys!
Add your fermented flavours (the berries from my mixed berries works well or the pineapple from my Pineapple Ginger is nice too) in your blender to your green jusice or simly add to some coconut water kefir like I have done here for a boost better than any multi-vit or capsule will give you!
- 1/4 cup of fresh (fermented preferably) ginger root and turmeric root
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground ginger and ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup of coconut water Kefir
- Blend together in a high-speed blender and drink immediately in one quick shot!
- A great afternoon pick me up or first thing in the morning! Awakens the taste buds!
If you love fermenting come and check out my collection of inspiration from around the web. Full of drinks, foods and everything bacteria! Let me know if you would like to be a contributor.