Rocky Road- Healthy Chocolate
Its always the same. The after math of Christmas, Easter, Valentines day is always leftover chocolate! The mass made chocolate almost always contains vegetable oils, refined sugar and soy preservatives.
I make this Rocky Road recipe all the time with gorgeous homemade chocolate but I also melt down all the other chocolates given to us to minimise the amount of yucky stuff ingested and also to increase the nutrients. It is also great fun to make with the kids and can be stored in the freezer to minimise the amount eaten at a time! It is also good to up any leftover cake and cookies that may have gone a bit stale- they can also be crumbled up and added!
- Leftover Chocolate- however much you have
- Add the following options
- Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamia)
- Seeds (hemp, chia, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin)
- Coconut flakes
- Dried banana, goiji berries, strawberries, blueberries etc
- homemade marshmallows
- homemade popcorn
- leftover cookies
- Melt the chocolate in the dehydrator or bain marie
- Add all the ingredients until there is a thin layer covering all the 'rocks'
- Pour out onto greased baking sheets or baking paper
- Place in the fridge or freezer until chocolate hardens
- Break up into pieces
- Chocolate can be frozen to pace yourself!