I love to add whatever is in the fridge into my omelette, hence the kitchen omelette waffle sink title! A little bit of this, a little bit of that, cheese is a definite (unless I am on my whole 30 weeks). By then adding it to a waffle maker, well, it becomes a special fancy omelette waffle and it is then also super portable (good for packed lunches) and surprisingly more delicious!
You make this like you would any omelette, I serve mine with a kitchen sink salad, but that recipe another day……!
Eggs are natures perfect package, I like to eat them every day. Rich in macro and micronutrients, you get a great hit of nourishment. If you struggle to digest eggs, then I suggest supporting your digestive system by adding some herbs to this recipe and having a shot of apple cider vinegar in some water either before or after eating it. This omelette is a great brunch recipe and will get some good oohs and ahhs! I like it with some guacamole too!
- 10 eggs
- (whatever is in the fridge- here are some recommendations)
- Fresh (or dried herbs) especially oregano or thyme
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 3 rashers of bacon, cooked and chopped up
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh spinach/kale
- 1/4 cup grated sharp mature cheddar
- Salt and pepper to season
- butter or ghee (optional)
- Begin to heat waffle irons
- Crack the eggs into a bowl
- Add your flavours
- Season with salt and pepper and beat with a fork until combined.
- add a little butter/ghee, beat again.
- Pour a 1/4 mixture onto each waffle space.
- Close waffle maker and allow to cook for 15 mins.
- Repeat until mixture is finished.
- Serve with a salad or guacamole and salsa.