Lemon Sage Cordial
Sage has so many amazing benefits. It has seen to be effective at cooling down the body (especially during hot sweats) and reduce perspiration, it also helps to dry up excess phlegm and diarrhea.
It contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds which helps to protect and heal cells all through the body. This maintains good circulation of blood and flexibility of muscles and blood vessels throughout the body.
Read more about how and why Sage is so great here. I absolutely love the smell and taste of sage too.
Lemons are also amazing for the body. Rich in vitamin C, good for boosting the digestive system and restoring a ph balance to the body. Lemons stimulate the body and they go really well with Sage. Combined with the raw honey and water kefir, this cordial is great for an immune boost, hormone balance, is cooling and effective at helping to reduce any heat or irritability on the skin or in the digestive system.
However, please consult your natural health provider if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, on blood thinners, or epileptic before using this recipe. It may have undesirable effects. As always listen to your body and try to take responsibility for your own health and knowing what your body needs.
- 5-6 Fresh Sage leaves or 1tsp dried organic sage
- 3 lemons- juiced
- 1tsp raw honey
- 1tbsp Water Kefir
- Add all of the ingredients to a glass jar
- Leave out of the fridge for an hour or two then place in the fridge.
- Use 1-2 tbs of cordial to sparking water, warm water or filtered water.
- Also can be used to flavour water kefir or Kombucha
- Use sparingly. Good to help cool down the body- especially during a hot flush and also used to help balance hormones after breastfeeding.
- Gives an immune boost and can help to dry up excess phlegm and soothe sore throats. Also good for dental health especially chewing the sage leaves.