My husband is not a massive Kefir cheese fan. He finds it too sharp in flavour. When he asked to make a cheese cake he wasn’t too happy when I asked him to use the kefir cheese so that the kids and I would be able to digest it better! However it works really well with the lemon here. As a compromise we mixed it with some ricotta- this also gave a more creamy texture for the cheesecake.
It was really delicious (even my husband thought so) and was even better the next day so you can make this a day ahead and it will freeze well too.
Lemon Kefir Cheesecake
A delicious fermented twist on a classic! Gluten and grain free base too.
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 200g kefir cheese
- 100g whipped cream
- 50g coconut sugar icing sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons and the zest of one (or you can also use 2tbs lemon curd)
- Grated chocolate for the top
- 3tsp gelatin in warm water (enough to dissolve the gelatin)
- For the base see Banoffee Pie recipe;
- Make the base as per instructions in the food processor
- Add the cheese, sugar, lemon, gelatin and vanilla together in a mixer and use the balloon whisk to whip together
- Fold in the whipped cream
- Pour onto the base and place in the fridge for 4 hours before serving
Loula Natural http://loulanatural.com/
I have loads of other Kefir Recipes in my book Culture Your Life
See some other Gluten Free sweet treats here;
Follow Loula Natural’s board Gluten free sweet treats on Pinterest