Lemon, Orange and Ginger Curd
I love lemon curd- this is so easy to make- can’t believe I never made it before- its actually very healthy- full of protein and fats. I add it to my smoothies, chia porridge, toast, to frost cookies or simply off the spoon!
- 3 lemons (zest and juice so unwaxed organic if possible)
- 1 orange (zest and juice so unwaxed organic if possible)
- thumbnail sized piece of ginger grated.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 3 Organic eggs
- Put all the ingredients in a heat proof bowl and whisk over a bain marie.(Picture below.
- Keep on low heat whisking continuously so the eggs don't cook too quickly and scramble.
- Keep going till it thickly coats the back of a spoon and is glossy.
- Pour into large jar (makes about 500g) allow to let cool and then refrigerate.
- This will keep in the fridge for weeks. Spread it thick on toast, crackers or add to baking. I also use it as a frosting for cookies!
- Can also be had straight off a spoon!
Frosting cookies with it;