I have been making a big effort to increase my fermented food intake. I am still consuming Kefir and Kombucha (see my book all about it Culture Your Life), however I finally made my saurkraut and fermented some green beans with Lemon and Garlic. It is spring and it is the perfect time to be increasing fermented foods to help support your immune system through the change of season. The change in temperature also brings about a change in metabolism and this change is also facilitated by bacteria! It is also a sure fire way to get started on being comfortable in a bikini!
- 1/4 Red cabbage
- 1 peeled and grated apple
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1-2 tbs Saurkraut
- 1-2 Tbs Mayonaise (I also switch out the mayo and use milk kefir)
- Finely slice cabbage and onion and grate the carrot.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Eat or store in the fridge.
- I love adding fruit to my slaw- try this recipe with apple or orange too.
If you love fermenting come and check out my collection of inspiration from around the web. Full of drinks, foods and everything bacteria! Let me know if you would like to be a contributor.