A healthy protein rich snack with the probiotic benefits of Kefir
Write a review
- 1 cup filtered water (can also be juice, puréed fruit, coconut water flavoured water etc)
- 1 cup of Water Kefir (could also use Kombucha, milk kefir, coconut milk or the same as above)
- 6tbs of Gelatin
- Sweeten if necessary (I tend to leave it as is)
- Gently warm the water/juice until bath water temperature- not too hot (you should be able to test with your finger- but be careful you don't hurt yourself!)
- Make sure your molds are ready and near you. Have a pouring jug to hand. Grab a whisk or wooden spoon so you can stir while you add in the gelatin. Test the temp with your finger, it should be warm but not hot.
- Add the Kefir and keep stirring. Pour the mixture into a jug to ensure ease of filling your moulds.
- Pour straight away into molds. Wait 10-15 mins for the gelatin to cool and start to set. Place in the fridge to firmly set.
- Turn out of molds and enjoy!
- You can flavour these in any way- I made gummy worms at Halloween by pouring this same mixture into straws and rolling out with a rolling pin. I used 1/2 cup purree raspberry and 1/2 coconut milk then added mixed berry Kefir. The photo's show my elderberry ones using 1/2 cup Elderberry cordial and 1/2 cup water and then I used coconut sugar water kefir. So try it out with your favourite flavours. Taste the mixture before pouring into the mold and adjust if necessary.
Loula Natural http://loulanatural.com/