I love pate, most recipes generally has bread in it to fill it out and so it has in the past irritated my digestive system. So this is my grain free version. I love to feed this to my kids too- great on flax crackers and served with eggs!
They love the sweet potato in it so it is not as fishy and I love the combination of fats and protein and the kefir adds the fermented twist!
- 100g steamed, mashed sweet potato
- 3-4 tbs fish eggs (salmon caviar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, chives or parsley (optional)
- 1tbs dairy Kefir (optional)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 200g (7 oz) smoked salmon trimmings
- Salt and black pepper
- Whizz together in the food processor
- Store in the fridge if it lasts that long
- Serve with salad or on flax crackers. Goes great with avocado and eggs.
If you love fermenting come and check out my collection of inspiration from around the web. Full of drinks, foods and everything bacteria! Let me know if you would like to be a contributor.
Thanks to the following for the images;
Benreis at wikivoyage shared Lachs [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
By Netinformerin (Own work) Salmon caviar [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons