My daughter refuses to eat chia porridge- and thats ok. We chose to be gluten free so I dont mind using oats. Preferably we soak the muesli overnight so allow it to be more digestible. I also serve it with Kefir to help the digestive system deal with the digestion of the oats and seeds. I use homemade raw oat milk, almond, coconut or hazelnut and cashew milk. I also may add some Dairy Kefir or Almond Milk Kefir (how to make Kefir and why I make Kefir)
- 2-3 Cups Rolled Oats (If you want this to be gluten free you can use steel cut oats or oat groats, buckwheaties or millet)
- 1/2-1 cup Dried fruit is optional but I like dried blueberries, apricots, mango and cherries (I dry fruit in my dehydrator but if you buy it try and buy the ones without sulphur
- 1/2-1 cup Nuts and seeds; I like sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, I also use the nut meal from my nut milks or chopped up almonds and hazelnuts.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1tbs Chia (optional)
- I throw all of it in together in the jar and mix it up, but you could use a bowl first and then add it to the jar. I then add 2 tbs to a bowl and pour milk on top and leave in the fridge overnight or at least 10 mins.