I love eggs for breakfast and normally alternate between my Bircher Chia or Grain free Granola and eggs. For me I have to have a good breakfast as it really sets off the day for me. It is also because I always sit down and have it with the kids.
This morning I wanted something really quick, but fancied something like eggs benedict. Since I had all these ingredients in the fridge it was the simplest and tastiest savoury breakfast that I have had for a long time. Here are ALL of my breakfast options. This is also a equally simple and delicious lunch or dinner!
Eggs and cheese for me are a match made in heaven, I love raw aged cheese and this cheddar hit the spot with the ham and eggs. I have only just ventured into making my own Kale chips (it helps when you have an amazing quality Kale supplier) but I have been addicted to these ones– today I had hot green on my eggs-yum!. I have been snacking on them but also crumbling them into my salads and eggs for a few weeks now! Flax crackers we always have in the house for the kids to snack on- we like these or these at the moment.
- 2 pasture raised, organic eggs
- 4 slices of pasture raised organic ham
- Handful of Kale Chips and a flax crackers broken up
- 10g of raw aged cheddar (grated)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Ghee for frying the egg
- I steam fry my eggs in ghee. Add ghee to a hot pan. Add eggs when whites have formed add a tbs of water to the pan and place a lid over the top.
- Allow eggs to cook for a couple of minutes then remove lid. Perfect runny yolks without having to flip the eggs.
- Place ham on the plate, then eggs on the ham.
- Sprinkle on cheese, kale and crackers
- salt and pepper to season
- Enjoy. You can substitute the ham for steak, chicken or pulled pork. You can also remove the meat completely and enjoy this vegetarian.
Follow Loula Natural’s board Breakfast on Pinterest.
or read here;