Fat Banana Custard
I have been enjoying instagram so much, here I am if you want to find me. I love the creativity and inspiration of people from around the world- making connections with people in their lives is very exciting.
There are a few people on there that I look out for as I really love what they are doing and Holistic Lifestyler is one of them (here is his website too). Today he posted his work in progress on a banana custard with bone marrow- yum. Quality meat is difficult to get here (its normally frozen or needs to be delivered) and I sense marrow will be even harder, so with some encouragement from my friend Helen over at Mango Menus (seriously good stuff going on over there too- here’s her website). I decided to have a go.
The result is so delicious (and I was in a right funk this morning- grumpy, cranky, creaky and groggy!!) and has lifted my mood that I have literally just finished eating it- have to get it out there for you all! You have to try it- for breakfast, snack, lunch-boxes or pudding- it is so yummy and fills most of my quota for fats in a sitting!
- 2 banana's
- 1/2 cup of fresh coconut meat (about 1 coconut) or soaked coconut flakes
- 1tbsp Chia
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1tbsp Milk or Water Kefir
- 1-2 tbsp Gelatin (I used Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1tbsp Raw Honey
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of pink/sea salt
- blend the ingredients together and serve in a bowl!
- This could serve one person or (like us) me and the two kids as part of our fat quota for the day.