I looooove pumpkin season! Making Pumpkin Pie Water Kefir makes so much sense to me.It is so versatile as it can be sweet or savoury. Packed full of nutrients and flavour, fermenting it makes it bang like the fireworks around this season! I started making this Pumpkin Pie Water Kefir recipe last year when I was playing with recipes for my book Culture Your Life. We make it every year now! Check out all my favourite recipes for pumpkin here.
This Pumpkin Pie Water Kefir recipe is simple and you can use canned pumpkin or make your own very easily (and cheaper!). That way you have complete control over how much sugar you add as in the canning process the pumpkin is heated again thus caramelizing the sugar.
Making your own water kefir is so easy
It is so easy to make your water Kefir as here. There is a video too to help you get started here;
Have fun flavouring it whilst the pumpkins are around! Fun to use this Pumpkin Pie Water Kefir to make cocktails with for family gatherings, BBQ’s and other fall festivals. I make standard Gin and Tonics much more fun, adding this Pumpkin Pie Water Kefir recipe!
- In a small bowl mix the pumpkin puree and spice mix with the maple syrup to taste (until you like the flavour)
- Add the mix to the litre of water kefir.
- Allow to ferment on the counter for 1-2 hours. Or to taste.
- When you like the flavour and the fizz place in the fridge.
- Consume cool or room temperature.
- refreshing and revitalising.