I remember seeing the blender pancakes on pinterest and my friend Kate was making them. I was happy making my Weekend pancakes and Almond and coconut flour pancakes. Then one day when we were in a massive rush my daughter was making a big fuss about eating pancakes for breakfast! Thus my venture into blender pancakes began!
Super easy and very little mess- however not the easiest pancakes to flip in the pan! So I started to play with the recipe just a little. The basic recipe is banana and egg in a blender! I add a bit of substance to that and a little extra nutrition. But still keep them grain free.
- 2 banana's
- 3 eggs (medium from pasture raised free range chickens)
- 1tbs almond meal
- 1tbs coconut flour (or you can use oat or buckwheat)
- Butter/Ghee for cooking
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Blend well
- Add butter to the pan when melted pour in pancake mix. These pancakes can be used for crepe style pancakes or thicker piklet style.
- When bubbles appear and the edges are cooked- flip the pancake over and allow to cook for a few more minutes.
- We normally have our pancakes with coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and berries. Or we will have nut butter and chia jam. Almost always we will have them with bacon and maple syrup- breakfast of champions.
I use this pan to make pancakes for the kids. You have have two pans on the go while you make them as it is pretty difficult to flip them. I add ghee to the bottom of the pan so when you can see the bubbles forming you can just turn the pan over another pan to cook the other side.
Here are some more pancake recipes;
GAPS Diet Intro Pancakes from Honest Body
Chocolate stuffed pumpkin pancakes from Butter Nutrition
Gluten Free Overnight Pancakes from Kula Mama
Grain free Banana spiced pancakes from Healy Real Food Vegetarian
Paleo Pumpkin pancakes from Grass Fed Girl
The best from scratch pancakes from Life Sanity